The Advanced Skytronn System is an Interrotron at a distance.
Typical use: The director is in one location and the talent in another.
Across the street | Across the country
He/she directs the talent through the lens of the main camera from the security of their own home.
the Skytronn Setup
The Talent Unit of the Interrotron Mark III sits on the main tripod and on HDSDI or HDMI cable. The Cable goes into the Skytronn System which captures the video and makes it available to the built-in MAC Mini and Audio Device. A touch screen on the device accesses the internal computer which is loaded with all needed Software including: OBS, Skype Pro, Zoom, Bluejeans, etc.
Audio goes in and out of the Skytronn with standard XLR ports.
- The Skytronn Pro Unit connects our onboard Mac Mini USB3 computer to a large number of internal video & audio components for capture, playback, or web streaming. The 4RU device can easily capture DCI 4K60 4:2:2 using a single-link 12G-SDI or up to DCI 4K30 4:2:2 video with an HDMI source.
- Skytronn’s capture and impressive 12-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with rates ranging up to DCI 4K30 and 8-/10-bit video at rates up to DCI 4K60.
- There is a built-in LCD display which enables the user to easily monitor the signal. An SD card reader provides instant access to the internal SD media. Our compact Skytronn USB3 interface delivers blazing-fast connections while also l trickle-charging the on-board MAC Mini computer.
- Included audio includes both 16-channel SDI and 8-channel HDMI embedded I/O, with standard 3-pin XLR audio input. A standard headphone port is included.
- The Skytronn System Pro easily handles both compressed and uncompressed video,. The unit is Windows, Mac & Linux compatible, and will support virtually all useful codecs.
- 3D capture & playback is accomplished via HDMI + 3D SDI playback at rates ranging as high as DCI 4K30.
- DaVinci Resolve and additional software are included on an SD card.
- The Skytronn is powered by its internal 100-240 VAC adaptor.
Computer and other internal functions are accessed via a large LCD touchscreen and Mac keyboard and Magic Mouse
Apple Mac Mini
- 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3 Quad-Core
- 8GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 256GB PCIe SSD
- Mac Mini with 8th Gen Intel 3.6 GHz Inteli3 Quad-Core processor
- Apple’s T2 security chip
- Improved system and graphics performance
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Thunderbolt 3 ports, (USBC)which feature native DisplayPort output
- 256GB PCIe SSD that has a sequential read speed of up to 3.4 GB/s.
- All-new thermal architecture includes all-flash storage,
- User can connect one 5K display via Thunderbolt 3 and one 4K display via HDMI
- Equipped with a 256GB PCIe SSD that has a sequential read speed of up to 3.4 GB/s.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you’ll be able to output video to an external display using the system’s Thunderbolt 3 ports, which feature native DisplayPort output, or use the built-in HDMI 2.0 port. Up to three 4K displays are supported between any two Thunderbolt 3 ports and the HDMI port, or you can connect one 5K display via Thunderbolt 3 and one 4K display via HDMI 2.0.
- Mac Mini internal 150W power supply that runs off 100-240 VAC at 50 to 60 Hz.
Skytronn Power Conditioner
Skytronn built-in Sound Devices MixPre-3 II multitrack field recorder
- The MixPre-3 II records 3 tracks tracks of external audio as well a stereo mix up to 32-bit / 192 kHz.
- Monitor via the headphone jack.
- Record at 32-bit floating point to the internal SD card.
- The device also functions as an audio interface capable of 32-bit floating point streaming over USB to the built in Mac computer. This prevents clipping (audio distortion) .
- Amazing 142 dB dynamic range.auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, greatly facilitating file transfers
- Fully featured built-in timecode generator, accurate to over 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even powered off, the unit maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
Skytronn Basic Unit Setup:
This above video shows connection of the basic Skytronn device by connecting the HDSDI video out from the main camera to the capture device and then into the supplied laptop. Zoom and OBS software are preinstalled on the laptop.
Video and audio out from the Zoom session is accomplished with an HDMI cable from the laptop to the monitor on the Interrotron.
Audio in and out is the responsibility of the sound recordist A1. He/she will need to get the talent’s voice into the laptop and get the sound form the director’s Zoom session out of the laptop. The A1 will also need to insure there is no feedback.