TriCaster Rentals NYC
TriCaster Live Desktop
Vanessa Ramirez TriCaster Operator
TriCaster’s live production features are all available from its unique Live Desktop, which in many ways mimics familiar production equipment. However, the Live Desktop provides far more functionality than that of similar single-purpose devices, all in one place.
The various features, controls and modules comprising TriCaster’s Live Desktop for the TXCD 300, TCXD 450 and TCXD 850 TCZD 8000 are arranged in three horizontal bands.
The uppermost area is devoted to monitoring. The Switcher section is centrally located, and is also home to the Transition and Overlay controls. The bottom-most section of the Live Desktop holds side-by-side tabbed panels featuring media players (DDR, Still and Title), Virtual Input setup, and the Audio Mixer.
Here’s a brief overview of just some of TriCaster’s key features:
1) LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS with integrated multi-view monitoring, let you arrange and select shots with confidence. View all switcher sources at full field rate, with advanced alpha channel preview and audio level overlays.
2) NETWORK INPUTS let you go wireless with breakthrough Apple® AirPlay® support. Deliver video and audio from iOS devices, such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®, into your live production. Or bring in displays from your PC or Mac®, using NewTek iVGA™ technology.
3) LOOK-AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Prepare multi-layered effects, preview the output as it will appear live, and then switch with confidence.
4) PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, and lets you see what your audience sees. Access controls for record and stream functions, configure your video output, and more.
5) ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures up to four channels of video from any input or output, simultaneously, using NewTek IsoCorder™ multi-track, multi-format video recording technology. Record your entire presentation at full resolution (up to 1080p), in multiple formats like QuickTime®, H.264, AVI and MPEG-2. Record individual sources for post production editing. Or capture clips for DDR playback during the show.
6) ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full, HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing, and support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. The Streaming Profile Manager includes an integrated browser to make configuration, import and previewing of your Web streams quicker and easier than you thought possible. Save and manage all of your settings for instant access at a later date.
7) LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you control over all 14 channels, including four external video sources, four virtual mix/effect-style channels, two DDRs, two external network inputs, graphics channel, frame buffer and black. Custom names can be added to switcher sources.
8) UTILITY ROW makes it easy to assign sources to the Effects (FX) bus, downstream key (DSK) channels, and auxiliary (AUX) output. Utility Delegate controls let you use the Utility Row to apply selections to individual or multiple delegates, simultaneously.
9) UTILITY DELEGATE lets you set the Utility Row to send video and graphics to the FX bus, DSKs and/or AUX output. Delegates currently affected by Utility Row selections are highlighted, while sources currently assigned are displayed for easy reference.
10) VIRTUAL INPUTS are powerful virtual mix/effect-style channels that let you assign complex switcher effects to one button. TriCaster 450 EXTREME includes four, fully customizable Virtual Inputs, each with multiple presets.
11) TRANSITION CONTROLS let you transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer(s), then use manual or auto controls to perform single-source transitions, or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
12) TRANSITIONS allow you to use more than 200 broadcast-quality effects or full-color, animation store transitions with embedded audio to add interest and impact to your live production. Create your own custom animation store transitions using the integrated Animation Store Creator.
13) HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS let you achieve the look of a network-style studio in a limited space, using innovative NewTek LiveSet™ technology. Instantly select close-up, medium, medium-wide and wide angle shots, or perform smooth, animated zooms – without moving the camera. Sets include double-box effects and options for seated or standing presentations.
14) VIRTUAL INPUT CONTROLS let you select two primary switcher sources, create a mix/effect-style composition, and use an additional source as an overlay. Configure virtual sets, layer live elements, set upstream picture-in-picture effects, and more.
15) DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a graphics store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more, including clips captured during a live event, for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats, with adjustable audio level settings for every clip.
16) LIVE TITLES give your production a network-style finish. Bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited, even when displayed live.
17) ADVANCED AUDIO MIXER gives you control over microphones, line inputs and clip playback levels, with the ability to group audio sources to follow video and route sub-mixes. Every audio input and output also includes a seven-band equalizer and compressor/limiter to deliver the best possible sound, with enhanced audio crossfade.
TRICASTER 450 (TCXD450) & Tricaster 450 Extreme
Rugged 2U rack-mount case ensures robust, reliable and quiet performance in fixed or mobile installations.
Massive storage capacity – the internal drive holds approximately 20 hours of 1080i, and the removable drive bay can be used to add to this capacity (TriCaster 450 comes an extra 1TB drive for this purpose). All audio and video, monitoring and network connectors are easily accessible from the
rear for convenient installation in industry standard 19” rack-mount configurations. Audio and video connectors are industry standard (XLR, 1⁄4” phono or BNC as appropriate), ensuring broad compatibility and secure, locked connections. Headphone output uses a standard 1/4” stereo phone jack, and an HDMI port supplies an added.
Program output. TRICASTER 850. Rugged 4U rack-mount case with redundant power supplies ensures robust, reliable and quiet performance in fixed or mobile installations.
Massive storage capacity – the internal drive holds approximately 50 hours of 1080i, and the removable drive bay can be used to add to this capacity (TriCaster 850 has an extra 2TB drive for this purpose). All audio and video, monitoring and network connectors are easily accessible from the
rear for convenient installation in industry standard 19” rack-mount configurations. Audio and video connectors are industry standard (XLR, 1⁄4” phono or BNC as appropriate), ensuring broad compatibility and secure, locked connections. Headphone output uses a standard 1/4” stereo phone jack, and the HDMI port supplies an added Program output.
Multiple software failsafe systems continually monitor and safeguard the live performance. Any recoverable software error conditions are quickly and unobtrusively dealt with.
TriCaster ’s ‘Always on Air’ features provide multi-tiered redundant failsafe
mechanisms in both hardware and software. To name just a few:
Failsafe software monitors live performance and automatically re-starts modules if any
unexpected error condition calls for it.
‘Always on Air’ video pass-through ensures that as long there is AC power, in a case of
catastrophic software condition, audio and video from the last input are routed to
Streaming output and recording also continue in such cases.
TRICASTER A/V INPUT AND OUTPUT
Live switch between up to four SDI and analog HD (or SD) cameras. Professional BNC video connectors provide increased durability and reliability for
camera connections. Input and mix 16:9 and 4:3 formats. Freely mix SD and HD sources in both HD and SD sessions. Output HD sessions as SD (4:3 or 16:9) and HD simultaneously from HD sessions. Multiple Media Player modules allow you to insert pre-recorded video, music, sounds
and imagery into your live presentations. Select Microsoft WindowsTM or Apple MacintoshTM computers on the same network TM as
Switcher inputs for your live productions using NewTek’s iVGA client. Assign one or both Network inputs on the Switcher to receive AirPlay® streams and switch live or recorded content directly from your compatible Apple mobile device or
computer. Mix internal and external audio sources= Supply external audio via analog or SDI Embedded audio. Send Aux (Auxiliary) video output to a projection system or secondary monitor at
resolutions up to 1920×1080. Send either Aux or Master audio to the Aux audio outputs. Take advantage of an additional Program output via an HDMI connector. Broadcast your Program to the Internet.
TriCaster generates and displays ‘local timecode’ based on the system clock. MPEG-2 recordings include full ‘per frame’ time-code.
TriCaster TCXD 300, TCXD 450 and TCXD 850 models support industry standard (LTC) external timecode.
With IsoCorderTM, recorded clips from multiple sources are easily aligned for synchronized post show editing using the embedded timecode.
ALPHA CHANNEL I/O
TriCaster allows alternate video inputs to be configured as alpha channel inputs for the TriCaster Switcher.
TriCaster’s Live Desktop includes large Program output and Look Ahead Preview monitors with associated controls. Also, freely toggle between viewing:
All Monitors – onscreen monitors for all sources (Figure 3). External Monitors – Live video sources supplied to TriCaster’s video inputs. Internal Monitors – all internal sources, including Media Players and Network sources. Scopes – Waveform and Vectorscope monitors and full color source monitor. Secondary Multiview monitor output options including:
o All sources plus Preview, Program and clock
TriCaster adds alpha channel output supports using its Aux video
Waveform, Vectorscope and video monitor More…
TRICASTER VIDEO PROCESSING
- Proc Amps for every source preserve pristine image and color fidelity through the entire pipeline to final output. Separate control over the Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Saturation for every video source, along with White Balance and U and V Offset.
- Individual Proc Amp controls for Program and Multiview outputs. Input Proc Amps retain independent settings for different Connection Types.
Call me, Vanessa at 212-219-1075 for inquiries about renting the TriCaster 8000, 450 Extreme, TriCaster TCXD300 or TCXD 850