Top Rated National Teleprompter Service
- Teleprompters for any setting
- Professional Teleprompter Operators
- Trained Speech Coaches for your talent
- Multiple Camera Teleprompters
Teleprompters Delivered With Operator NYC
(note: prices in our 55 other locations in the USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean may be different)
Standard $845/Day – 19″ Gold Plate Standard Teleprompter (High Bright) Rental
$945/Day – Dual Monitors & Glass Screens
Rise & Fall Presidential Prompter
$1245/Day Auto adjusts to proper height of speakers.
$945/Day – Dual Monitors on stage
845/Day – Wireless option $195
We offer the full NYC Teleprompter Rental package.
Price includes NYC Teleprompter Operators and local delivery.
- We offer custom-made Teleprompter Monitors which are optimized for low power consumption.
- Our Rental features well designed hoods which enable quick access to the Teleprompter glass and camera lens.
- Our Teleprompters feature a wide range of movement which accommodates any camera and most long lenses.
- Our Teleprompter Operators are trained as Teleprompter Speech Coaches and will work with your talent to achieve the best possible performance.
Reasons to use our National Teleprompter Rental service.
Our Teleprompter service is the largest in, not only New York City, but in the United States. We fly our NYC Teleprompter Operators all over North America to prompt for a wide range of clients in the entertainment industry and in politics. (Beyoncê, Alec Baldwin, First Lady Michelle Obama, Joe Biden, ).
Our home base is in New York City where we are known for our versatility. We have put Teleprompters on rooftops, poolside, in subways, on bridges, etc. Our clients dictate and we .satisfy their needs.
Our two Standard Teleprompters, the 12″ Gold Plate Standard Teleprompter and the 21″ Gold Plate Standard Teleprompter, easily handle most long lenses.
They feature easy set up and little or no maintenance. Teleprompter rentals come with trained Operators also proficient speech coaches. They can work with your talent to help them give their best performance.
Planning to speak to a large group of people? Check out the Presidential Teleprompter!
To discuss your Teleprompter needs, please call Bill Milling at: 917-414-5489
Our Standard Teleprompters
21″ Gold Plate Standard Teleprompter
- Dimensions: 19.1” (484 mm)
- Reading distance: 7m (23 ft)
- Brightness: 1000 Nits
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Image Reverse: Yes
- Integrated Tally/ Cue Light: Yes
- Video Inputs: BNC (Composite), VGA
- Looping Power: Yes
- Looping Composite Video: Yes
- Weight: 13.7 kgs (30.1 lbs)
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Compliance: CE, FCC, ROHS
19″ Gold Plate Standard Teleprompter
- Dimensions: 12.1” (305 mm)
- Reading distance: 4.5m (10 ft)
- Brightness: 1000 Nits
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Contrast Ratio: 500:1
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Image Reverse: Yes
- Integrated Tally and Cue Light: Yes
- Video Inputs: SDI BNC, (Composite), VGA
- Looping Power: No
- Looping Composite Video: Yes
- Weight: 7.7 kgs (17 lbs)
- Power Consumption: 35W
- Compliance: CE, FCC, ROHS
Why We Recommend Our Dual Camera Standard Teleprompter Setup:
Traditional Teleprompters allow on-camera talent to read lines and look directly into a camera simultaneously. This can present a problem when a director wants separate shots of the talent from the same angle.
A Dual Camera Teleprompter setup features multiple cameras which sit behind the glass of the Teleprompter, allowing the talent to simultaneously look directly into each camera and read the copy.
The Dual Camera Teleprompter is most commonly used for shoots that require both close-up and wide shots facing the talent.
Our Teleprompter Operators Are Trained Speech Coaches!
Hiring an NYC Teleprompter Operator from the American Movie Company also means hiring a trained Teleprompter Speech Coach. Each of our Teleprompter Operators is trained to elicit the best performance from your talent. An hour or so before shooting starts, our Speech Coach will determine your talent’s optimal reading speed and eye level. They will work together and read the Teleprompter script. The Operator will make any changes necessary so that talent sounds as natural as possible.
Teleprompter Rental NYC
Standard Teleprompter Rental
A standard teleprompter is a unit that allows the talent to look directly into the lens and see the copy scrolling before their eyes.
This is often referred to as a “Through-the-Lens” style prompter. These units are mounted on the client’s tripod (or we can bring a tripod if requested). The camera is then mounted on the sliding camera and lens support plates which move on a rod system.
If the client’s camera has its own sliding rod system, it can be attached directly to ours.
The standard prompter usually has a monitor for 12″ diagonal measurement to 17″. Larger monitors such as 20′ are often used in the Interrotron configuration.
While the standard prompter is usually mounted on the client’s tripod, it may also be free-standing in what is often referred to as the “roll up” configuration. In this setup, the prompter is placed on a rolling stand so it can be rolled anywhere.
Advantages of the “roll up teleprompter” style:
1) It can be built away from the camera so that the AC and DP can concentrate on the camera build, as it were, and the prompter operator can set up his unit separately, thus saving time.
2) Should the director wish the talent to look “off camera” then the prompter can be rolled to the desired position easily.
3) If the teleprompter operator has a later call than the main camera crew (often the case to save money) then the camera does not have to be taken off the tripod, the prompter then set up and then the camera positioned back on the teleprompter sliding plate and adjusted.
SteadiCam Teleprompter Rental
This is a variation on the standard through-the-lens teleprompter. It fits on the rods of the camera system right in front of the lens. The monitor is a 10″ square extremely light, high-bright monitor. It can be powered via P Tap from the SteadiCam battery or by small onboard batteries.
It also has a wireless option.
Advantages of the SteadiCam Teleprompter
1. It’s extremely lightweight, which SteadiCam operators love. It’s also symmetrically configured for the proper balance.
2. Unlike the Israeli arm units that place a small monitor over the lens our SteadiCam Prompter lets the talent look directly into the lens.
3. It’s fully battery operated. No dangling power cables.
4. It comes with a wireless option so there are no cables at all and the SteadiCam operator can walk or run freely and turn in 360 directions without seeing a prompter operator jogging along beside him.
5. The SteadiCam prompter works equally as well on a Jib, Slider or Dolly.
The second most popular teleprompter is the “Presidential Prompter” often called a “Speech Prompter”. This is the type with two glass pannels one on either side of the podium.
The two monitors are located on or close to the floor so they are out of sight of the audience. This is the type presidents and executives use when making a live presentation to an audience.
Presidential Prompter main advantages:
1. Because the two mirrors are partially silvered 50/50 glass, they allow the audience to see right through them to clearly view the face of the speaker. They are supported by very thin metal poles that are about as skinny as a human finger. Thus, the prompter is virtually invisible to the audience. From their point of view it looks like the speaker is making direct eye contact with them.
2. The speaker then has total freedom to never have to look down at notes but to always have that all important eye contact with the audience.
3. If the event is being televised, or even recorded, the camera view is minimally obstructed by the Speech Teleprompter.
4. If there are several speakers at the event and they are of substantially different heights there is a variation on the Speech Prompter called a “Rise and Fall Presidential”. This has computer-controlled, motorized poles that literally “rise and fall” on remote command to the exact pre-set height of the various speakers.
5. We have this Rise and Fall, motorized Presidential Prompter units available in NYC, Hollywood, San Francisco, Nashville and several other cities.
The Podium Prompter
This is a fairly new type of Prompter. It takes advantage of a new technology called “AutoScroll”. The text can literally be spoken into an iPad which records the copy in a “speech to text” technology.
Then, when the speaker reads the copy it scrolls automatically to follw the spoken word. When the speaker reads quickly, the Prompter scrolls quickly to keep up perfectly.
When the speaker slows down or stops, the text on the screen does the same.
If the speaker goes “off script” and tells a joke or ad-libs, the Prompter sits still and waits for him/her to continue.
The standard version is 10″ diagonally and the pro is 13″.
Advantages of the Podium Prompter
1. The Podium Prompter is easy for a speaker to use. He/she simply reads the copy into it and then edits it during practice.
2. It’s very affordable. As no operator is required, it costs a small fraction of the rental price of a Presidnetial Teleprompter or a Confidence Monitor.
3. It is very small and lightweight so it can easily be shipped to a client speaking in a venue far from a major teleprompting center. With no operator, there are no additional charges such as operator fee, travel or hotel expense.
3. The low price and easy portability allow the user to afford having the unit for several days to practice and edit and improve the copy.
Confidence Monitors, often called “Down Stage Monitors (DSM) or even “Rock ‘n’ Roll” monitors. These consist of one or more small monitors, (usually 19″ to 32″) mounted on black folding stands which tilt upwards at an adjustable angle.
From the audience’s point of view, they look like they could be audio monitors or perhaps footlight units.
The Advantages of Confidence Monitors:
1. The Confidence Monitor setup allows the speaker to move about the stage without being tied to the podium.
2. The audience believes that the speaker is looking directly at them. The fact that the speaker if looking down at the monitors works, in most cases, as the stage is higher than the floor of the auditorium and the speaker is standing while the audience is seated.
3. These units are also known as Rock ‘n’ Roll Monitors because musical performers use them for song lyrics. It gives the singer one less thing to worry about. They relax knowing that the lyrics as well as the song order are there in front of them “just in case” . Obviously, text of any other thought they may want to share directy to the audienec can be added on the spot to the Confidence Monitors as well.
4. A typical setup for a speaker would be two or three 19″ Confidence Monitors. For a singer it woul depend on how actively he/she struts around the stage. So, for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Monitor it might take three 19′ monitnors or up to seven or more!
Back of House Confidence Monitor
Note: There is another type of Confidence Monitor called a “Back of House Monitor”. This is a very large monitor set up at the rear of the auditorium. We feel this is a bad idea.
Disadvantages of a Back of House Confidence Monitor
1. The BOH Monitor needs to be very large for the speaker to be able to read it from the stage. The larger the space… the larger the monitor. This usually entails more rental expense and more transportaion expense.
2. All the extra cabling needed to go to the monitor often requires cable being strung along the floor. It can be a tripping hazard as well as a potential legal liability for the producers.
3. Additional, time is needed to wire the back of the house and run power to it.
4. An unmanned monitor could be knocked over by anyone entering or exiting the venue.
5. It destroys the illusion of the speaker’s spontaneity when the audience can simply look back and see the speech copy on the big screen.
6. Bad idea.
7. Did we mention that it’s a bad idea?