Supervillain in Avengers: Infinity War
Meet the Evil Thanos
5 Things You Need To Know About Thanos
“Avengers: Infinity War” is Marvel’s latest installment of a 19 part series. After years of build-up, the film showcases characters from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe taking on the mad supervillain, Thanos. Whether you’ve seen it yet or not, we’ve got some facts to share with you before (or after) you see this purple skinned, Infinity stone-seeking villain on the big screen. So sit back, relax and let’s take a trip to the Marvel universe, shall we?
- The villain made his big debut back in February 1973, appearing on the cover of Iron Man #55. He was created by Jim Starlin and Mike Friedrich. The issue now sells online for a whopping $800.
2. Thanos has the ability to actually absorb and channel cosmic energy. This energy manipulation power allows him to use energy in whatever way he may need it. For example, he can turn energy into a force field to use against enemies as his shield
3. Thanos was diagnosed with Deviant Syndrome soon after his birth. This condition occurs when an Eternal has an uncanny resemblance to the enemy, The Deviants. Thus, giving Thanos his terrible-looking rough purple skin and strength and physical abilities that make him stronger than any other Titan.
4. Perhaps the most tragic detail about Thanos is that he is romantically obsessed with Mistress Death. After being exiled by his father, Thanos declared his love for death by, well, simply destroying everything.
5. Thanos covets the Infinity Gauntlet and is determined to possess it. It houses six powerful infinity gems. Of those, Thanos is most interested in getting his hands on the Cosmic Cube, which is one most powerful objects in the Marvel Universe.