Tricaster 450 Extreme Functions
Hi. I’m Venessa Ventura, VFX Digital artist. I’m new to the New York VFX scene. But am totally loving every minute of it. As my strength as a 3D artist is with Lightwave, the software made by Newtek which makes the Tricaster. So, naturally, I’ve had to learn everything I could about the Tricaster. The Tribeca Green Screen studio I’m working in has a new TriCaster 450 Extreme and every day I learn something new about it. So to bring you up to speed here’s a quick checklist of it’s main functions:
TriCaster 450 Extreme
- LIVE DESKTOP MONITORS with integrated multi-view monitoring, let you arrange and select shots with confidence. View all switcher sources at full field rate, with audio level overlays. NETWORK INPUTS let you go wireless with breakthrough Apple® AirPlay® support. Deliver video and audio from iOS devices, such as iPad®, iPod®, or iPhone®, into your live production. Or bring in displays from your PC or Mac®, using NewTek iVGA™ technology.
- LOOK-AHEAD PREVIEW MONITOR displays your upcoming video output. Prepare multi-layered effects, preview the output as it will appear live, and then switch with confidence.
- PROGRAM MONITOR shows the current video output of your live production, and lets you see what your audience sees. Access controls for record and stream functions, configure your video output, and more.
- ONE-BUTTON RECORDING captures content from your live production at full resolution (up to 1080p). TriCaster 450 includes options to record your entire presentation, an individual switcher source, clips for DDR playback during the show, and more.
- ONE-BUTTON INTERNET STREAMING allows you to use Adobe® Flash® or Microsoft® Windows Media® to deliver a full, HD live stream directly to the Web, with simultaneous archive for later viewing, and support for multi-bitrate streaming profiles. The Streaming Profile Manager includes an integrated browser to make configuration, import and previewing of your Web streams quicker and easier than you thought possible. Save and manage all of your settings for instant access at a later date.
- LIVE PRODUCTION SWITCHER gives you control over all 14 channels, including four external video sources, four virtual mix/effect-style channels, two DDRs, two external network inputs, graphics channel, frame buffer and black. Custom names can be added to switcher sources.
- UTILITY ROW makes it easy to assign sources to the Effects (FX) bus, downstream key (DSK) channels, and auxiliary (AUX) output. Utility Delegate controls let you use the Utility Row to apply selections to individual or multiple delegates, simultaneously.
- UTILITY DELEGATE lets you set the Utility Row to send video and graphics to the FX bus, DSKs and/or AUX output. Delegates currently affected by Utility Row selections are highlighted, while sources currently assigned are displayed for easy reference.
- VIRTUAL INPUTS are powerful virtual mix/effect-style channels that let you assign complex switcher effects to one button. TriCaster 450 includes four, fully customizable Virtual Inputs, each with multiple presets.
- TRANSITION CONTROLS let you transition individual or multiple video layers on and off screen. Select the Transition Delegate button of the desired video layer(s), then use manual or auto controls to perform single-source transitions, or switch from one multi-source composition to another.
- TRANSITIONS add interest and impact to your live production. TriCaster 450 includes more than 200 broadcast-quality effects.
- HD LIVE VIRTUAL SETS let you achieve the look of a network-style studio in a limited space, using innovative NewTek LiveSet™ technology. Instantly select close-up, medium, medium-wide and wide angle shots, or perform smooth, animated zooms – without moving the camera. Sets include double-box effects and options for seated or standing presentations.
- VIRTUAL INPUT CONTROLS let you select two primary switcher sources, create a mix/effect-style composition, and use an additional source as an overlay. Configure virtual sets, layer live elements, set upstream picture-in-picture effects, and more.
- DIGITAL MEDIA PLAYERS include two DDRs for video playback, a graphics store, and a sound player, making it easy to add video clips, music, images, and more, including clips captured during a live event, for immediate playback. HD and SD resolutions are supported in a variety of popular file formats, with adjustable audio level settings for every clip.
- LIVE TITLES give your production a network-style finish. Bring in graphics, titles, and animated overlays to layer on your live video, lock a title or bug to a camera or Virtual Input, and set the in and out motion for each. Title pages can be edited, even when displayed live.
- MULTI-CHANNEL AUDIO MIXER gives you control over microphones, line inputs and clip playback levels, with audio-follows-video support and auxiliary routing to integrate an external audio setup.
Tricaster 450 Extreme
Call me at the studio if I can help answer any questions about the Tricaster 450 Extreme. 212-219-1075 www.AmericanMovieCo.com